Skip to main content


Everything Changes…

Change is Life in Forward Motion…

I embrace life’s changes… but sometimes I grieve the loss related to change.

Seasons Change…the hue of the Autumn Leaves is breathtaking… the blank canvas of Winter allows for a fresh Spring start… and Summer brings the family together for backyard barbeques and adventurous vacations.

Close relationships can become “loose” over time, situations and distance.

Loved ones supplement the quality of the world we live in…then die leaving “holes” that cannot be filled.

Seeds become plants that produce flowers and fruit then shrivel and turn brown.

Quaint towns become urban driving nightmares.

Weekly family dinners evolve into occasional telephone calls and yearly visits.

Warm welcomes change to respectfully correct interactions and the cool feeling that the “Connection” has been lost.

Nostalgic family homesteads become a battle of property rights… destroying the very principles that the family was built on.

Innocence Matures to Understanding as Life’s Cycle Rolls Forward…

Substantially “Connecting” with people and with the world around me is what makes me, me… without connection there is no me… processing altered connections is hard and emotional but part of my journey…

Balancing the “Change” perception…

Strained, turbulent child: parent relationships mature into deep, caring supportive reliances.

Pictures capture a visual image that can preserve a moment in time to cherish forever.

The blessings of grandchildren…

The blessing of finding a committed companion for the duration of life…

Processing a “Matured Understanding” and developing “Peace Within”

Letting go… being alright with the journey as it unfolds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday 3/21/2010 - Sunny Sunday

Does Sunday mean we should be in the same church building, from 10:30am to 12 noon every week??? Hmmm... we (my husband and I)have been giving this a lot of thought. I believe it is important to build relationships, to set a good example, to demonstrate self discipline and to be committed to spirituality... but does that mean the only way to do this as a family is to commune from 10:30 to 12 at our local church each Sunday?? I decided that I am open to trying a multifaceted approach to spirituality, mix it up a bit, keep it lively. So the plan is that sometimes we will attend the traditional Sunday morning service; sometimes we will attend different churches/times; sometimes we will watch and discuss television sermons; sometimes we will watch and discuss Internet sermons; and still other times we will listen to/discuss radio presentations, religious movies, and books. We will see how it goes... For today we watched/discussed a very good YouTube skit that my mother forwarded to me (htt...

Writing Contest

National Nurses’ Week 2011 “My Most Memorable Experience as a Nurse” Writing Contest All of us have had that one experience as a nurse that we will never forget, the patient or family who touched our hearts, the extraordinarily funny experience that still keeps us laughing years later, or the incredibly sad loss of a patient that still aches at our hearts today. Whatever that experience may be. We want to hear about it! The Nurses Week 2011 Theme is Nurses: Trusted to Care. Research has shown that Nursing is a highly trusted profession. We became that way because of our heart, soul, and passion for what we do. That’s why we remember those days that may have gone forgotten! My Entry: My Most Memorable Experience as a Nurse One day years ago in central NY State I received what seemed to be a simple Home Health (HH) Nursing referral. My new patient (pt) was described as an elderly gentleman diagnosed with bilateral lower extremity cellulitis. Upon arriving at his apartment, I noticed that...

My First Post

Wow, my first post... It really is a lot of pressure... I want to appear intellectual, confident, well spoken and interesting... the truth is sometimes I really am all of those things... then again sometimes I am not. I guess that is plain human reality... (or maybe just my reality). My original motivation in creating this particular blog was as a practice project for The American Porphyria Foundation. Ms. Lyons asked me to lend my nursing insight and my personal experience with Porphyria to helping the foundation with their new upcoming blog. I agreed... but did not have ANY experience blogging... I really wasn't even sure what a blog was. Since Ms. Lyon's request, I have learned that blog is the shortened version of "web log", a type of virtual "diary" where people can document their thoughts, feelings and perspectives about various topics to share with others. Ok... I thought, this could be a fun way to express one's self. I love to write(although a c...