Skip to main content

Rare Disease Art Contest- 3 Piece Pencil Metaphor for Living w AIP



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Real Connections" & Providing Chap Stick

When last I wrote the world around me was consumed with "Hurricane Irene", and justly so. Many suffered significant damage related to the storm... and for that my heart is saddened for their loss. My local area has minimal damage to contend with and "the clean-up" is in process. My "brain", my "thoughts" they come and go like most...I suppose. Today I awoke from dreaming about my brother. I have six brothers...four genetic brothers (one full/ three half), and two step-brothers (imagine the challenge the geneticist had trying to chart my pedigree)so let me clarify... I woke up from a dream about the brother I always knew existed... but have never "known". In the dream he and I were talking, it was the middle of the night and we were in the former home of our other brother. My heart was in his hand as I searched for some "common ground" to plant a seed that might bloom into a close sibling relationship... He was upset and I

Book Review

I just finished this book today. It was an easy and fun read. The elderly always make me smile... I like their stories...I respect their mannerisms. They have seen so much throughout their lifetime... They have "been there and done that"... In my experience...people commonly have less "filtering" the older we get, becoming much more direct... open... straight to the point... I love this type of raw human nature...it is simply refreshing! The woman who interviews the "Centenarians" does a program for "National Public Radio (NPR)" and initially doesn't have much experience with the elderly. It is fun to watch her geriatric insight sprout and bloom paralleled with the "Centenarian" stories of the past and the present. My interest is further peaked by a reference book the author mentions, "A General Theory of Love". I plan to add it to my library list...it focuses on "the biological basis for human emotions...love".

Finding Quinoa (keen- wa)

About two months ago I was introduced to Quinoa... So what is soo great about that??? Everything! I love pasta and all that is carb-a-liscious...but sadly I have developed a sensitivity to gluten! I tried rice pasta but it was kind of slimy and didn't taste so hot. Rice and I can only tolerate each other in small encounters anyhow. Which left me searching for more than potatoes could offer alone. Then I met Quinoa:-) A Gluten Free "Ancient South American Grain" A "Super Food" high in protein and fiber!!! It comes in both grain form as well as a delicious pasta...what more could a food sensitive carbohydrate seeker want in life!! I can even prepare the grain in my $10. rice cooker as a 1:2, grain: water ratio press the cook button and walk away!!! I love Quinoa!!!