Skip to main content

Monday 3/22/2010 - Being Present in The Momment: Maintaining Wellness



My Philosophy:
Learn From Every Experience
Reflect on Yesterday
Live in The Momment and Make the Most of It
Plan for Tomorrow, but don't Obsess About It
Pray for Guidance Daily!

My Goal:
Grow a Little Every Day
...clothing size does not apply here:-)

For Today...
Take care of your mind and body with regular maintenance checks and "tune-ups".
Get preventative tests as per medical guidelines... better to nip weeds before they germinate!
Search for the right "fit" regarding your chosen health care providers, there is nothing better than a health care provider who is actively invested in your wellbeing!
Identify people in your life who keep you real...meaning, they leave the sugar coating at the curb and feed it to you raw, bitter taste and all! I am truly blessed with a wonderful woman in my life who does this for me. I call her on good days, on bad days, just because... I call her when I am uncertain or when I feel strongly about situations... I can always count on her to give me honest and direct feedback. I appreciate her straight forwrad nature. Like Jack's beans, our relationship has sprouted, grown and become much stronger over a lifetime... providing a grounded path to a whole new level... I thank God for my mother!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Real Connections" & Providing Chap Stick

When last I wrote the world around me was consumed with "Hurricane Irene", and justly so. Many suffered significant damage related to the storm... and for that my heart is saddened for their loss. My local area has minimal damage to contend with and "the clean-up" is in process. My "brain", my "thoughts" they come and go like most...I suppose. Today I awoke from dreaming about my brother. I have six brothers...four genetic brothers (one full/ three half), and two step-brothers (imagine the challenge the geneticist had trying to chart my pedigree)so let me clarify... I woke up from a dream about the brother I always knew existed... but have never "known". In the dream he and I were talking, it was the middle of the night and we were in the former home of our other brother. My heart was in his hand as I searched for some "common ground" to plant a seed that might bloom into a close sibling relationship... He was upset and I

April 26 - Monday May 3, 2010 A Week Gone By

Sooo you are probably thinking.... what is the Lumberjack all about??? Answer: nothing at all I have just always liked the whole manliness nature of a lumberjack :-) Anyhow... Another week in time... more new job orientation, more domestic navigation, a little spring cleaning, some overnight guests... Cheering for my husband and his buddy as they completed a local triathlon yesterday! They did an awesome job!!! Today is about sorting piles of old (&new) mail... making phone calls, scheduling appointments and being the quality of "glue" that keeps the family together... you all know the stuff I am talking about. The nice part of today is that for the first time in awhile it is completely quiet hmmmmm:-)

Book Review

I just finished this book today. It was an easy and fun read. The elderly always make me smile... I like their stories...I respect their mannerisms. They have seen so much throughout their lifetime... They have "been there and done that"... In my experience...people commonly have less "filtering" the older we get, becoming much more direct... open... straight to the point... I love this type of raw human nature...it is simply refreshing! The woman who interviews the "Centenarians" does a program for "National Public Radio (NPR)" and initially doesn't have much experience with the elderly. It is fun to watch her geriatric insight sprout and bloom paralleled with the "Centenarian" stories of the past and the present. My interest is further peaked by a reference book the author mentions, "A General Theory of Love". I plan to add it to my library list...it focuses on "the biological basis for human emotions...love".